Monday, January 16, 2006

Iran

I've been quiet here at Geoffosphere. Mostly because I've been busy. But also because nothing has inspired me to comment. I'm still reading my regular sources (see links on the right). Most of the stories there are interesting, but they haven't been inspiring.

The subject I've heard mentioned lately is "Iran". I've heard pieces on the blogs, on FOX News and in the Alito hearings. We've known this was coming for some time. As a matter of fact, Bush told us it was coming in 2001 when he spoke of the Axis of Evil. Things have not changed in Iran since that statement was made. The Bush Administration appropriately identified Iran as a problem at that time. I'm sure the Clinton Administration had a similar position on Iran, but pre-9/11, there was no need for public accusation.

Now Iran has moved up on the priority list. Iraq is moving into history, and the American military will be redeployed. And Iran is moving into the future with its nuclear program. What does this mean to the world?

The Belmont Club has a short, concise piece on this matter. It's not the first you've heard about it, and it won't be last, I'm afraid.

More on the subject via. Instapundit

No comments: