Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Abramoff: Looks Bad to the Republicans

Here are a few looks at this case involving a lobbyist who seems to have gotten favors that benefit his constituents. Now, I'm not really sure where the line is, but I thought this was the definition of a lobbyist. Basically, it looks like lobbyists cannot be connected to campaign contributions.

Here is Glenn Reynolds's take.
Ankle Biting Pundits says Throw the Republicans under the bus.
And don't miss this, Money, Mobsters, Murder by Matthew Continetti at the Weekly Standard. It's long, and I haven't finished it, but it's connecting Murder and the Mob to Congress.

If this is the case, this is going to a terrible story. The Republicans are going to take the brunt and rightfully so. As I think I heard Pat Buchanan on Imus this AM, "Of coarse it is going to be the Republicans. They are in power. Who else would the lobbyist be courting?"

No comments: