Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Winning

I've been quiet for a few days, now. I think it is because we are turning the corner on the War. Not the war in Iraq (we were never in danger of losing that war), but the war over here. The third elections in Iraq hours away, and the echoes of the Democratic party's failed, last-ditch effort to defeat Bush by losing the Iraq war are fading into oblivion. I believe the silent majority of Americans - the portion of the population stifled by a biased media - are proud of the decisions they made about going into war. I say "we" made the decision because a large majority of our representatives and a large majority of the polls said that Americans felt it necessary to remove Saddam Hussein in order to protect America. And today, we are feeling proud that there are clear signs that it was the right decision. It was a hard decision, and even harder to stick to the decision. But nothing has changed since we made the decision, and today we are marking a great milestone on the long road to securing our freedom. And the absence of defeatist rhetoric is a beautiful sound.

Read this post at The Belmont Club, On the eve of the Iraqi elections. Defeat is a bitter pill to swallow.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess you missed the Presidents admission that we went to war with faulty intelligence
I suppose that doesn't matter

Geoffo said...

Anonymous,
Thank you for reading my blog. I hope you continue to visit.

I did not hear the President's speech yesterday, but I did hear the media play this one except of his speech, repeatedly. What is convieniently not discussed, and what the Bush Haters convieniently forget is that WMD was not the only reason we went to into Iraq. I have posted on this before. I think I've learned that there are people who will refuse to believe these other facts in order to maintain thier Bush Hater position. This is a sad reality.

Anonymous said...

What other facts?
Kindly list them again

Geoffo said...

Please see the following links and their subsequent links. Iraq was a threat as Afghanistan was a threat. We waited for 3000 Americans to die before we took out Afghanistan. We were not going to wait for Saddam. Correction: We waited more then 13 years for Saddam. We couldn’t wait any longer.

List:
Iraq was a threat

Related Links:
History Behind the Iraq War
James Lileks on Hugh Hewitt's Radio Show

Anonymous said...

VERY quite on Bush's allegal domestic spying
Why is that?

Geoffo said...

Anonymous,
I was responding, here, and went long, so I have posted my reply on the main page. Thank you for inspiring me to opine.