Friday, August 31, 2007

Money Quote

I haven't read the book, but this quote has got me looking on Amazon to put it on my wish list. At Captain's Quarters, Herschel Smith reminds us of the scale of war during WWII and where we are today. He references the book, Marcus Luttrell’s “Lone Survivor: The Eyewitness Account of Operation Redwing and the Lost Heroes of Seal Team 10″, about the failed SEAL mission in Afghanistan where the SEALS were afraid to kill a witness who ended up ratting on them resulting the death to 19 elite US Soldiers (and the failure of the important mission which arguably resulted in the deaths of many more).

------------
“Look at me right now in my story,” Mr. Luttrell writes. “Helpless, tortured, shot, blown up, my best buddies all dead, and all because we were afraid of the liberals back home, afraid to do what was necessary to save our own lives.

No comments: