Monday, August 08, 2005

"You believe when you're in its warm embrace"

If you're not checking The Belmont Club regularly (or better yet, subscribing to the RSS feed), you're missing out. I found this at The Belmont club accompanied by Wretchard's excellent complimentary analysis. But Nick Colman bluntly and clearly summarizes my outlook on the liberal, contradictory, hypocritical left.

"Why is it right to support a free market in sexual relationships but oppose free-market economics, for instance? But his criticisms would have little impact. It's like a religion: the contradictions are obvious to outsiders but don't disturb the faithful. You believe when you're in its warm embrace."

I would be remiss in not postulating that I too may be in the warm embrace of the neo-consphere. But I try to peek out of the windows of my church. This is the most critical aspect of debate. We can still have debate without the current leftist agenda. There is plenty to discuss just in the current state of affairs. How do we win in Iraq? How do we excel in the global economy? Why is gas so expensive? I don't have answers to the second two questions, and the rhetoric from the left is unintelligible. (I believe we are winning in Iraq.) Let's stop the name-calling. Debate with facts.

No comments: