Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Memories of my Grandfather Coleman

What is not made clear is that Paul Kirk (temp-MA-D) cast the 60th vote for the Senate health care bill. MA voted against O-care when we chose Scott Brown. But it was too late. This bill, if passed, will be on the shoulders of an appointed senator from a state that clearly disagreed with this bill. And 50 years from now when this entitlement is as commonplace as Social Security, no one will remember this except us cranky old republicans, boring our grandchildren with stories of freedom and liberty and the rise of tyranny.

I remember my grandfather railing against social security. He hated FDR. I fear I will become my grandfather - chastising Obama while my grandchildren are being taught the greatness of the same man.

1 comment:

zneiley said...

All of a sudden it's very clear. Our elders, actually did know what they were talking about. :) I won't start calling you Sidney just yet, but I do completely agree with you. I can't count the number of times that I've said, "What's happening to these kids these days?" :)