Sunday, February 05, 2006

It's War

I don't want war. I don't like war. But if we are under attack, I'm going to fight.

We're at war. No one likes it. But it's a fact. Our way of life is under attack. Freedom is under attack. The Islamic cartoons are just another attack by Muslims on our way of life. Where's the outrage? It's out there. It's on the blogs. It's where people still have the ability and the fortitude to speak freely. It's not on the mainstream media. And it's not from our government.

The press had not qualms with publishing every Abu Gharab photo they could find. There are political cartoons everyday that mock President Bush. They offend me. But am I trying to stop them from being published? No. I speak out about how their message is flawed. That our press would not publish these photos is a disgrace. Not that they were not already a disgrace, but this takes it to another level. The hypocrisy of our mainstream media is astonishing.

Back to the war. There is a ton of opinion out there. I recommend that you surf around to read as much as you can. Michelle Malkin is fantastic. She is got great sources and great information.

And here are some more useful links on this subject. Spread the word. Speak your mind. Join the fight.

Another day, Another embassy torched
It is not a "row"
'Sensitivity' can have brutal consequences
The "offending" cartoons
Belmont Club

Where's the outrage over this?

(AP) In the most expensive Turkish movie ever made, American soldiers in Iraq crash a wedding and pump a little boy full of lead in front of his mother.

They kill dozens of innocent people with random machine gun fire, shoot the groom in the head, and drag those left alive to Abu Ghraib prison _ where a Jewish doctor cuts out their organs, which he sells to rich people in New York, London and Tel Aviv.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good links. Perhaps the publishing of the cartoons was in poor tastes. Perhaps tactless. I understand being offended by portraying a person I hold dear, in a despicable manner. I understand the outrage of this. I have been outraged by the depiction of the crucified Jesus in a jar of urine. I have been offended by the millions of babies that have been aborted. I have been offended by the depiction of the Pope as being in cahoots with the few perverted priests that have done horrifying things to children. I have been offended by the depictions of President Bush as a liar, deceiver and a Nazi. I have been offended at being called a baby killer, of being accused of wanting the elderly to eat dog food, of not caring for the poor of our society.....simply because I am a Republican. Should I, as the Moslems have been doing, riot in the streets? Threaten to kill those who have offended me? Burn down thier homes and public places such as the Supreme Court building? Perhaps I should, then I would get the sympathy from the mainstream media. They would understand my 'outrage'. No, I will not do any of these things. Why? I am civilized and will not harm the innocent to advance any causes I may have. We ARE at war and we had better remain steadfast......